AI Media Group
Terms & Conditions
[Applicable to all Face-2-Face, In Person, Online & Hybrid event formats]
i) Payment terms
- Ticket Payment is due in full prior to the event by credit card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for paid events, all event visitors (delegates, vendors, speakers, event staff & media need to complete a full registration to be granted access to the show. FREE ticketed events also require the completion of full registration, this also applies to Online / On-Demand events.
- By supplying us with your registration details and ticket payment information you agree to AI Media PTY Ltd or its designated 3rd party ticket / payment gateway agent to charge your credit card or bank for the amount stated at time of purchase and you agree to pay AI Media PTY Ltd the ticket price in order to secure your ticket or paid for workshop / class.
- Your registration will only be confirmed once payment has been made and cleared funds are received in full allied to a completed delegate profile.
- Admission to the conference maybe be refused if payment has not been received and or a valid ticket is not produced at reception that matches the details held by the registration desk, online event platform or event management team.
- All payments received are issued with a receipt and the delegate is liable to pay any necessary taxes and service fees where applicable.
- Payments can be received on the day for walk in tickets at a price that may differ from that offered on the main ticket site(s) or via advance EFT payment. Such payments maybe effected by credit card or EFT on the day at the venue.
ii) Cancellation, refund & substitution policy
- The Cancellation policy below applies to ALL forms of event ticket; a) paid for tickets b) tickets issued as part of sponsorship packages and c) any tickets issued free of charge.
- Delegate cancellations must be received in writing from delegates unable to attend the event no matter what the reason.
- In such cases, the delegate will receive a refund by way of credit note to a future conference, or, can substitute a delegate from the same organisation at no extra charge, so long as the new delegate details are provided in full and the delegate makes a full registration via the Quicket ticket registration portal. In such cases please contact AI Media via email@example.com to receive the FREE ticket substitution code.
- Delegate cancellations not received in writing prior to the show will be liable for the full ticket fee and no refund by way of credit note will be issued.
- In the event that AI Media PTY Ltd cancels a conference, payments received up to the cancellation date will be credited towards attendance at a future conference or in the event of postponement by AI Media PTY Ltd, towards the rescheduled date.
- Credit notes remain valid for twelve months.
- In all cases of cancellation AI Media PTY Ltd will not be held liable for pre-booked hotel, travel or any other costs incurred by the delegate or company making the ticket booking.
iii) Changes to conference, format & agenda
- AI Media PTY Ltd reserves the right to postpone or cancel an event, to change the location, format or alter the advertised speakers, sponsors or floor plan for the event at its discretion or as circumstances dictate.
- AI Media PTY Ltd is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of substitution, interruption, alteration, postponement or cancellation of an event due to causes beyond its control including without limitation, online connectivity, acts of God, pandemic, natural disasters, sabotage, accident, trade or industrial disputes, terrorism or hostilities.
- In the event that a conference is cancelled, AI Media PTY Ltd is not liable for any costs incurred by delegates, speakers, press / media or sponsors in connection with their attendance, including, but not limited to, transport, accommodation or incidental expenses.
- Occasionally it is necessary for reasons beyond our control to alter the content, format and timing of the programme, venue set-up or the identity of the speakers without notice or any liability to delegates, speakers or sponsors.
- Changes to the agenda will be updated on our website, programme or digital agenda as soon as possible. The final floor plan may vary from that advertised. Such changes may result in updated content, floor plan and programme being issued on the day.
iv) Notification of special requirements
- Delegates must inform AI Media PTY Ltd of any special dietary requirements at least 14 days in advance of the event OR via your ticket booking form
- Delegates must inform AI Media PTY Ltd of any special personal, disability or access requirements at least 14 days in advance of the event OR on arrival at main desk
- This information will be passed onto the conference and venue team for their attention
- ALL notification of any special requirements should be made to AI Media PTY Ltd in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The personal information provided by you will be held by AI Media PTY Ltd (South Africa) using one or several systems, namely; Google forms hosted by Google (USA), a Word Press CMS instance hosted by Go Daddy (South Africa), ticketing systems Quicket (South Africa) & Eventbrite (USA), Mailing Software, Mailjet (India) and or iVent eConference platform (UK).
- All information is held in accordance with the data privacy policies and security measures provided by these third party organisations listed in Clause 1. above and access is password protected.
- Personal information submitted by delegates, sponsors and speakers and members of staff, press & media to any of these systems will be used for the following PURPOSES; a) Issuing of delegate passes, event login credentials, conference packages, delegate profiles and or match making purposes b) creation of event specific content such as program agenda, vendor catalogue, buyer guide, show analytics, website listing, speaker programme, sponsor list and or delegate list c) mailings and communications to do with AI Media PTY Ltd events, news, Synapse magazine, offers and or event logistics d) in a list of your attendance issued to sponsors, that will include the details you provided at registration (first name, surname, job title company name, country, city, zip code and email address) for the purposes of 3rd party marketing by event sponsors and event partners which you can opt-out of at any time e) for relevant and applicable health and safety notices, event messages, catering or access requirements of the venue f) for communications relating to future AI Expo Events occurring in subsequent years g) press releases, press clippings and news that maybe generated by 3rd party press and media attending the event h) For online events, delegates can modify opt-in and opt-out preferences and settings on their event profile for email, SMS or telephone communications.
- By attending the event you grant AI Media PTY Ltd, its contractors licensees and assignees the irrevocable right to make photographs and recordings and reproduce, distribute, sell, transmit, display and publicly perform recordings, transcriptions and derivative works in any medium containing the image of the delegate and/or statements of the delegate, this may include, but not restricted to, analyst reports, consulting services and or information requests for GDPR or POPIA enquiries.
- Your information will NOT be sold to third parties or used for any purpose outside those stated in Clause 3 & 4 above.
- The Delegate shall indemnify, release and hold AI Media PTY Ltd harmless from and against any and all claims, penalties, damages, loss of property, costs, charges and expenses however caused, including legal fees and costs, arising out of the Delegate’s registration and or participation in the Event.
vii) Copyright & Intellectual Property Statement
All exhibitors, delegates, speakers, sponsors, community partners, visiting media, news reporters or accredited press organisations either represented directly or via a 3rd party or bureau office, agent or consultant, agree that;
- all background Intellectual Property, ideas, themes, content, sponsor & delegate information, formats, concepts, trademarks, logos, domains, URLs, community group posts, workshops, marketing and or promotion focused on, or about, an African centric Artificial Intelligence Expo & Conference and variants thereof remains the property of AI Media (Pty) Ltd, and,
- will not endeavour to launch, copy or otherwise compete with our event with one of a similar nature without express prior approval, co-operation and involvement of AI Media (Pty) Ltd.
viii) Press & media coverage
- All accredited press and media attending the show will produce at least one written article, and or, TV / radio feature (which ever is applicable) that should explicitly mention “AI Expo Africa” and or the event URL www.aiexpoafrica.com along with approved logo.
- A press pack will be issued for all press & media delegates to help formulate content / articles along with the opportunity to conduct interviews with speakers, delegates, VIPs and sponsors.
- By reporting, carrying stories and or publishing press releases about the event, either prior to, during or post event, you grant us the right to use your logo for our press and media ecosystem listings and to use your logo on all current and future event pages, articles and programmes without any prior approval to perpetuity.
- All press & media are subject to all terms and conditions herein mentioned.
ix) Code of Conduct
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior, for both in-person events and virtual events;
- We believe the AI Expo Africa community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a safe, friendly, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or learning ability.
- We invite all exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, delegates, visitors, volunteers, media and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are at AI Media PTY Ltd’s sole discretion and the decision(s) of AI Media PTY Ltd representatives will be final.
- You will behave in a way as to create a safe and supportive environment whether participating online or in person at any AI Media PTY Ltd event.
- You will not engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with any portion of the in person or virtual event, or other individuals’ participation in the event.
- You will not engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory, or threatening speech, verbal or written or behavior, including (but not limited to) relating to; race, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, learning ability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other protected category.
- You will comply with the instructions of the moderator and any event staff.
- You will comply with all applicable health & safety laws and any necessary visa requirements to gain entry to the event.
- We expect all event participants to uphold the principles of this Code of Conduct.
- This Code of Conduct covers in-person events, virtual events and all related events (social, ecosystem tours, hybrid formats or otherwise).
- Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in ejection from the event and or disqualification from participating in future events and from engagement across AI Expo Africa / AI Media related events, blogs, online forums, and or social media channels.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact Miss Mia Muylaert AI Media PTY Ltd Mob: +27 82478 8013 Email: email@example.com or any of our event team on the Help Desk who will assist you.
x) Right of refusal to enter event
- The AI Media Group reserves the right to refuse entry to the conference, building, programme and or online / hosted platform, if in the opinion of the company or event staff you represent a threat to the event via intoxication, anti-social or unreasonable behaviour, deemed a competitor or attending with intentions that do not fall within the main remit of show or code of conduct listed above.
- In such circumstances, tickets will not be refunded and we accept no liability for ANY costs incurred for your removal, travel, accommodation and or subsistence.